The Facilities Manager will oversee both the day-to-day maintenance and capital projects for a large scatter site affordable housing preservation project in East New York, Brooklyn. The project includes 29 buildings. Staff leadership and development duties will entail supervision of approximately 50 custodial staff employees.
Work Location - Brooklyn, NY (this is not a remote position)
The ideal candidate will be familiar with construction projects and NYC building code compliance. Main duties will include but not be limited to:
- Create processes to oversee work schedules of maintenance staff and monitoring completion of tasks.
- Liaison and collaborate with General Manager and on-site Superintendent and oversee weekly and monthly departmental workflow
- Assist in budget preparation, organize and maintain records and schedules
- Evaluate maintenance processes, make recommendations to increase efficiency and productivity.
- Collect bids and negotiate vendor contracts
- Will ensure that assigned maintenance staff crew are conducting routine site visits and accurately reporting information
- Will prepare maintenance schedules
- Oversee physical property inspections, evaluate, and address building and apartment needs and repairs
- Ensure completion of capital improvement projects
- Work with Construction Team and be familiar with current tenant in place rehab construction project
- Maintain a positive relationship with Vendors and city agencies.
- Knowledge of building systems (elevators, HVAC, plumbing, building envelope), violations tasking, regulations, and compliance at the federal, state (New York), and local level (NYC)
- Knowledge of a Work Order System
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Minimum of 5-7 years prior supervisory level experience
- 7-10 years of related experience in building maintenance required.
BENEFITS - Health insurance, 401K retirement plan, paid vacation and personal days.
OPPORTUNITY - Leadership role for a large scale affordable housing portfolio.